Improving Lives Research * Training * Advocacy
NIDEREF is a member of National Coalition on Gas Flaring and Oil Spills in the Niger Delta (NACGOND)
- Conflict Resolution and Poverty Reduction through Entrepreneurial Training
- ROUNDTABLE ON “THE PROMOTION OF MODULAR REFINERIES IN NIGERIA” ORGANIZED BY NIGER DELTA ENVIRONMENT & RELIEF FOUNDATION (NIDEREF) IN COLLABORATION WITH CENTRE FOR GAS, REFINING & PETROCHEMICALS, INSTITUTE OF PETROLEUM STUDIES, UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT
- Niger Delta Environment and Relief Foundation (NIDEREF) Convenes a Roundtable on 9th of December, 2014
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT APPOINTS NIDEREF TRUSTEE TO MULTI- STAKEHOLDER COMMITTEE FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF UNEP REPORT
- NIDEREF-RAIN PUBLIC RESEARCH REPORT PRESENTATION ON OIL THEFT IN THE NIGER DELTA ON TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2014 AT EBITIMI BANIGO AUDITORIUM, UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT
Connect with us
This programme focuses on sustainable development which addresses the web of relationships between environmental protection, sustainable management of natural resources, and livelihood. In the Niger Delta context, the programme connects the extractive industry, specifically oil and gas, and the strong relationship between resource competition and conflict. The governance structure within which these interconnected issues are mediated is the basis of the programme.
NIDEREF’s Civil Governance programme revolves around issues of democracy and good governance. The programme focuses on local government, which also has a vital role in environmental, natural resources and conflict management at the local level. This programme is implemented through the organization’s Local Government Resource Centre.